(YELLOWKNIFE, October, 25, 2022) Access to COVID-19 booster doses is currently available territory-wide. Today the Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority is announcing the widening of eligibility for bivalent omicron-containing vaccines to include:
- Starting October 25th bivalent vaccine (Moderna) booster is available to any eligible resident 18 years of age or older.
- Starting when the Pfizer bivalent vaccine product is available in the NWT – which is expected early November – bivalent boosters will be available to all eligible residents age 12 or older.
To be eligible for a booster dose it must be at least 6 months since your last dose of COVID-19 vaccine and at least 3 months since COVID-19 infection.
Update on vaccine products available
It is expected that in early November the NWT will have supplies of the bivalent Pfizer vaccine in addition to the Moderna bivalent product that has been offered in the NWT to date. When vaccine is in the NWT and available individuals 18+ may be offered either product. Individuals who are between 12 and 17 years of age will be offered the Pfizer bivalent product.
Novovax COVID-19 vaccine continue to be available in the NWT for anyone who prefers this as a primary series or booster, please speak with your local public health unit, health centre, or provider for more information.
Influenza vaccines are available and can be received alongside a COVID-19 booster. For the latest details on influenza vaccine clinics in your community visit www.nthssa.ca/flu, not all community dates are finalized but as clinics are planned they will be added at this link. Please check back or contact your local health centre for details about clinics or appointments in your community.
At the outset of the fall COVID-19 booster campaign bivalent vaccine products were offered to those in higher risk groups to ensure access due to limited supply. With these offerings complete, the bivalent booster doses are being offered to all residents as long as they are within the approved age ranges and dosing intervals for these products.
Where to get your vaccine:
Outside Yellowknife: please call your local health centre, or review the seasonal influenza and covid-booster clinic schedule for opportunities in your community.
- Book online.
- Centre square mall vaccine clinic accepts walk-ins from one hour after open until one hour before close, current schedule:
- Tuesday: 12:00PM - 6:30PM
- Wednesday: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
- Friday: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
- Saturday: 9:30AM - 3:30PM