(Yellowknife, October 7, 2021) - Starting Tuesday, October 12th, the COVID testing clinic – located at 108 Archibald street - will be dedicating 9:00AM-11:00AM each day for walk-in appointments. After 11:00AM, anybody who attends the clinic without a booked appointment will be deferred to the next day’s walk-in or asked to book a scheduled appointment. In preparation for this the number of appointments in hours outside of walk in hours has been expanded.
NTHSSA would like to remind all residents that booking online for a testing appointment is the preferred method and it is easy and quick. As the outbreak is ongoing, testing resources continue to be in very high demand and booking in advance helps to reduce wait times for everyone.
The hours of the testing clinic are:
- Monday to Friday: 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Saturday & Sunday: 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM
These hours may change depending on clinic demand.
All individuals attending testing appointments are required to wear a disposable medical face mask and follow social distancing requirements. You will be given a new mask at the site but please bring one to wear in the line. You may be required to wait outside so wear appropriate clothes for the weather. Please plan ahead for a wait time for your appointment.
The testing centre does not offer printed testing results. You will be given an assessment card that confirms you have had a COVID assessment, and your test results will be communicated to you by phone.
Who should book a testing appointment?
- People who have mild, easily manageable symptoms of COVID,
- People who have been advised to get tested by public health or a public exposure notice (please note, not all exposure notices require testing, most require individuals to self-monitor for symptoms and only to get tested if they become symptomatic. Only book testing if you are required to.)
- People who require isolation reduction testing after travel,
- Please book isolation reduction testing as soon as you know your travel return date and testing requirements. Walk-ins for exit testing may be turned away, depending on the current clinic capacity.
- Essential workers who require testing according to their self-isolation plans.
If you have no symptoms, have not been exposed, and have not been advised to get a test, please do not seeking testing at the clinic.
Other COVID Services in Yellowknife:
The COVID Clinic, located downtown in the same building as Yellowknife Primary Care Clinic. This clinic is for people who need to see a healthcare provider due to COVID-like or COVID-confirmed illness.
- Please call 867-765-7744 to book an appointment at the COVID clinic. The COVID clinic does not accept walk-ins at this time.
- The hours of the COVID Clinic are Monday to Friday from 8:00AM to 4:00PM.
- The clinic is open for:
- People with moderate symptoms who need assessment and may need a COVID test,
- People who are COVID-positive whose symptoms are worsening and require assessment by a healthcare provider,
- Anyone who has been referred here specifically by a healthcare provider.
Stanton Territorial Hospital Emergency Department is the place to go if you are experiencing any medical emergency. If you or a loved on is experiencing serious symptoms of COVID or any other medical emergencies, go immediately to the Emergency Department or call 9-1-1.
- Please do not go to the Emergency Department for COVID testing only. If you have mild or moderate COVID symptoms and need a test please book at the testing site or Covid Clinic. The Emergency Department is for emergencies.