The Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines are reported to be over 90 per cent efficacious 14 days or more after the first dose.
The second dose ensures stronger, longer-lasting protection against the virus.
- Recommended that doses be given 3 to 16 weeks apart
- Approved for people 12 years of age and older.
- Recommended that doses be given 4 to 16 weeks apart.
- If the second dose is delayed past the recomended timeframe, the second dose should still be given as soon as possible. You do not have to restart the vaccine series if this happens.
- Approved for people 18 years of age and older.