Thank you for your interest in a tour of the new Stanton Territorial Hospital. Due to an overwhelming public response, all of our tour slots are now full.
The weekend of April 27 and 28 will be the only opportunity for public tours at this time. The building is busy with staff training, system validation, furniture delivery and other crucial activities needed to prepare the building for First Patient Day.
We will be launching a series of videos showcasing the interior of the hospital next month. Key areas will be featured with staff interviews and drone footage to give residents a virtual tour of the building.
Some of its exciting new features include:
- 100 single in-patient rooms, many of which are equipped with patient lifts;
- A significant expansion of the Emergency Department, Ambulatory Care Center and Intensive Care Unit;
- Operating rooms that are double the size and equipped with surgical booms;
- Impressive labour and delivery rooms complete with birthing tubs and views of Frame Lake;
- A secure outdoor space for mental health patients;
- A designated multi-denominational Sacred Space for prayer or spiritual ceremonies, including smudging;
- An expanded cafeteria featuring northern artwork and a living wall;
- Therapeutic gardens complete with a ceremonial fire pit, playground and northern flora and fauna;
- Dedicated elevators for patients and staff separate from the public, to protect patient privacy;
- System upgrades including a pneumatic tube, patient lifts, surgical booms, macerators, nurse call, integrated beside terminals and public wi-fi;
- 375 parking stalls for staff and public.