Disclaimer: The resources listed below include links to various sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties and are NOT affiliated with the Government of the Northwest Territories (‘GNWT’) in any way. By choosing to follow those links, you hereby acknowledge that you understand that the linked websites are independent from the GNWT and they are in not subject to GNWT laws, including laws on the collection, use, and disclosure of personal (health) information. You also acknowledge that the GNWT has no control over the content of such websites and is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy for any third-party websites or any other materials, products, or services of third parties. Consequently, you agree that the GNWT cannot and will not be held liable for the content of those third party websites and makes no warranty or representation whatsoever as to the accuracy, timeliness, and/or completeness of the information contained on such websites. The links which we place on our Website do not imply that we sponsor, endorse, or are affiliated or associated with, or have been legally authorized to use any trade-mark, trade name, service mark, design, logo, symbol, or other copyrighted materials displayed on or accessible through such sites.
The Artic Indigenous Wellness Foundation has set up phone sessions with their traditional counsellors and elders for those that would like support. They are operating during their regular business hours from 9am-12pm and 1pm-5pm, and are able to call you back during your session time so you don't have to pay long distance if you are calling from one of the communities in the NWT outside of Yellowknife. They ask that you only call during those time frames so that they can allow their support staff to also take rest. Contact information as follows:
- William Greenland- 867-446-1346
- Annie Mitsima- 867-688-3027
- Ruth Mercredi- 867-444-1949
For any questions or difficulties getting through, please contact our executive director Wilbert Cook at: 867-447-1095 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. For more information, click here to check their Facebook page.
- Anxiety is contagious: how to regain your calm (Mindful.org)
- Dealing with the Discomfort of Grief During COVID pandemic
- Managing Anxiety and Stress (CDC)
- COVID-19 and Anxiety (Canadian Mental Health Association, BC Division)
- Supporting team or employee anxiety about COVID-19 (Canadian Mental Health Association)
- Resources for Coping during the time of COVID-19 (Southcentral Foundation Nuka System of Care)
- Coronavirus Sanity Guide: Practical, actionable ways of coping with stress, fear, & anxiety
- Mindfulness for your everyday Life (Headspace.com)
- This site guides you through exercises, videos and more to help you get healthier and happier. They also have specific information and exercise to maintain calm through COVID-19.
- Guided Meditation and Exercises (Center for Mindful SelfCompassion)
- Children’s workbook: Coronavirus
- Creative Calm throughout Coronavirus workbook
- Supporting Kids During the Coronavirus Crisis (Child Mind Institute)
- Parent Resource: Talking to Children about COVID19 (National Association of School Psychologists)
- Talking to your Child about Anxiety (Here to Help, BC)