(Fort Smith, March 7, 2022) - Fort Smith Health Centre will be operating at normal service levels. Booked appointments will proceed and anyone who requires services should contact the health centre as usual. We thank the community for their understanding over the weekend while access was modified to ensure the safety of staff and the public.
We ask for patience from residents at this time as we may experience ongoing staffing impacts in the short term. Health centre staff – including staff redeployed to Fort Smith from other communities – will continue to provide the best care in the timeliest manner possible.
Additionally, mental health and community counselling services are available to residents:
- Virtual counselling services: From March 7-12th, virtual counselling services will be available from 8:30 AM to 12:00AM, daily. Residents can call 867-872-0890 to be directly connected to telephone counselling services.
- In-person and on-site counselling services: A team of counsellors are currently on-site to support children, youth, adult, elders & families, providing individual and group support. lease call 872-6310 to be connected to a counsellor in the community.
- Additional 24/7 Crisis Supports:
- NWT Help Line - 1-800-661-0844
- Hope for Wellness - 1-855-242-3310
- Kids Help Phone- 1-800-668-6868
- Text 686868 (Youth)
- 741741 (Adults)
- Wellness Together Canada
- 1-888-668-6810 (Youth)
- 1-866-585-0445 (Adults)