August 19, 2021 - Due to the current COVID-19 outbreak situation, all Long Term Care facilities in Yellowknife, Norman Wells and Behchoko will close their facilities to visitors as per outbreak guidelines.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Stopping all visitations;
- Restricted passes out of facility to essential medical appointments;
- Increase staff and resident screening to twice (2) per day;
- Cleaning of high touch surfaces 4 times per day;
- No group activities (individual only); and
- Physical distancing of residents when out of their rooms.
Facilities in Ft. Smith, Hay River, Ft. Simpson and Inuvik will making the following changes to facility processes:
- 2 designated visitors per resident only
- Visitors must be from the same household
- Visits to occur in resident rooms and not common areas (if visiting inside the facility)
- Outdoor visits on property must not involve other residents
- Residents do not need to change their clothes after visits
- All activities (indoor or outdoor) will be for residents only with a maximum of 5-10 residents, this includes Spiritual gatherings
- Must be able to maintain physical distancing at all times
- Mask to be worn by residents if tolerated
- Visits off property should be limited as much as possible
The NTHSSA would like to thank all NWT residents for their patience and understanding as we continue to adjust operations for the protection of our clients, their loved ones, and long-term care staff. We will continue to provide updates as processes change in regards to the ongoing outbreak.