All NTHSSA facilities are working to provide safe and accessible health services while ensuring COVID safety precautions are in place. Please call ahead to your intended health services to learn about current COVID restrictions or processes that may affect your visit.
The Healthy Family Program (HFP) has been renewed so that services are more inclusive, preventative, and centered around culture. Many communities in each NWT region have an HFP, and it is open universally to anyone who has young children (prenatal to age six) that is interested in learning and sharing about children and caregiving.
The HFP supports early childhood development by providing information and activities that are fun and free for families.
The HFP offers:
- parenting groups and workshops
- cultural programming
- peer support
- one-on-one in-person (home visiting/in office) supports
- one-on-one virtual supports
The HFP is a universal program open to all families with children 0-6 years and participation is voluntary.
Who can join the Healthy Family Program?
If you are pregnant or have an infant or child under the age of 6 then the Healthy Family Program is for you. This program does not cost anything to join.
How can I join the Healthy Family Program?
You can refer yourself to the Healthy Family Program. Contact your local healthy family program to set up an appointment. A Healthy Family Worker will call you and schedule a meeting to talk about the Healthy Family Program and to see if it is right for you.
Contact this Program
The Healthy Family Program is offered across the NWT.
- Colville Lake: (867) 709-2112
- Deline: (867) 589-5555
- Fort Good Hope: (867) 598-2211
- Fort Liard: (867) 770-4470
- Fort McPherson: (867) 952-2245, ext. 6
- Fort Providence: (867) 699-3421, ext. 3026
- Fort Simpson: (867) 695-7076
- Fort Smith: (867) 872-6283
- Hay River: (867) 874-8470
- Inuvik: (867) 777-4400
- Tuktoyaktuk: (867) 977-2511, ext. 1004
- Yellowknife: (867) 767-9118, ext. 41150