(Yellowknife, August 15, 2023) – The following information is for residents of evacuated NWT communities who have travelled to Yellowknife, other NWT communities, Alberta, or elsewhere.
Health services in Yellowknife
- For medical emergencies – call 911 or present to Stanton Hospital Emergency Department
- To talk to a Registered Nurse for non-urgent health advice – call 811
- Yellowknife Primary Care Centre in the YK Centre East building at 4915 48 St (https://goo.gl/maps/1Wes4x2PCDNQFqSYA)
- To book an appointment: (867) 767-9294, press 0
- Hours are Monday – Friday from 8:05AM – 4:30PM and Saturday 10AM – 4:30PM
- Phone bookings for same day appointments open between 8:05 am and 8:25 pm Monday to Friday and from 8:35 am and 4pm on Saturdays.
- Frame Lake Community Health Clinic at 312 Old Airport Rd (https://goo.gl/maps/tq3EMXAfGjEuYz9cA)
- To book an appointment: (867) 767-9125
- Hours are Monday – Friday from 8:05AM – 4:30PM; closed weekends
Health services in Alberta
See information from the Grande Prairie Regional Emergency Partnership for evacuee supports including where to access health services: https://www.gprep.ca/nwt-evacuees/
Prescription Refills in Yellowknife or Remotely for Evacuees Outside Yellowknife:
YPCC is closed for the duration of the Yellowknife Evacuation Order. If you require a prescription refill, please call 867-447-0169 and leave a message with the following details:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Name of prescription
- Name and phone number of the pharmacy where you will pick up the prescription. Please speak slowly and clearly.
You will be contacted within 24 hours, except on weekends. If you call on Friday, you will be contacted on Monday.
If you need the prescription urgently, please go to a walk-in clinic at your current location.
If you require any medical services other than a prescription refill, please access services at your current location.
Child and Family Services Supports:
For residents of Fort Smith who have evacuated and who are not in Yellowknife they may access on-call support at 867-621-1122.
For residents of Hay River who have evacuated and who are not in Yellowknife they may access on-call support at 867- 875-7012.
Anyone from an evacuated community who is currently in Yellowknife or who cannot reach their local on-call support and who is in need of Child and Family Services supports please contact the Yellowknife Child and Family Services 24 hour Intake line at 867-445-1092 or you may go in person to the 2nd floor of the Jan Stirling Building without appointment.
Mental Health Supports
Anyone in Yellowknife can access the community counselling program open Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm by calling (867) 767-9110 ext 3.
In addition to services delivered by the NTHSSA community counselling teams the following supports are also available:
NWT Help Line
Kids Help Phone
Or text CONNECT to 686868
Wellness Together Canada
Canada Suicide Prevention Service
Hope For Wellness
Family Violence Crisis line
*REMINDER - Yellowknife Multiplex, Stanton Territorial Hospital, or the Stanton Legacy Building are not designated evacuation/reception centres. If you are a South Slave evacuee in Yellowknife and you do not have accommodation or supports please call 867-444-0618 to identify yourself.