Rehabilitation Services


Audiologists assess hearing loss, balance and related disorders and recommend appropriate treatment for patients of the Northwest Territories.  Services are provided to people who are deaf or hard of hearing and persons at risk of hearing loss due to noise exposure, genetic causes and exposure to certain drugs or middle ear infections.

Some the things our audiologists can help with include:

  • Hearing disorders
  • Auditory processing disorders
  • Noise or ringing in the ears
  • Balance disorders, including dizziness or vertigo
  • And more.

How can I get an appointment with an Audiologist?

Are you or your child struggling with hearing loss or balance?  You can now self-refer to this program, which means you can sign yourself up without needing a referral from a doctor or nurse practitioner.  Contact your local health centre, clinic, or hospital for more information, or self-refer yourself to the program.  


Contact this Service

Our Audiology services are provided out of Inuvik Regional Hospital and Stanton Territorial Hospital in Yellowknife, however our audiology services are offered across the NWT.  If you are located in a smaller community you may have to be seen by a visiting Audiologist, or travel to a larger centre for service.  Talk to your local health centre for more information.


Please send your completed self-referral form to, or drop your form off at your local hospital or health centre (Fort Smith, Hay River, Beaufort Delta, and Sahtu Region).