Physiotherapists are therapists that assess and improve movement and function. Physiotherapists can assess an individual's physical condition, diagnose the problem, and then work with the patient to develop a goal-directed strategy for improvement.
Some of the things our Physiotherapists can help with:
- Assessing, diagnosing and treating difficulties with movement or balance
- Helping to prevent and manage pain
- Creating customized exercise plans to help improve mobility
- Prescribe therapeutic exercise
How can I get an appointment with a Physiotherapist?
Are you struggling with daily activities or to complete tasks for your occupation? You can now self-refer to this program, which means you can sign yourself up without needing a referral from a doctor or nurse practitioner. Contact your local health centre, clinic, or hospital for more information, or self-refer yourself to the program.
Contact this Service
Our Physiotherapy services are offered across the NWT. If you are located in a smaller community you may have to be seen by a visiting Physiotherapist, or travel to a larger centre for service. Talk to your local health centre for more information.
- Rehabilitation Services Self-Referral Form
- Q&A: Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy Self Referrals
Please send your completed self-referral form to email@example.com, or drop your form off at your local hospital or health centre (Fort Smith, Hay River, Beaufort Delta, and Sahtu Region).